East African Fund
A link in the chain connecting your support to St Jude's
The East African Fund Ltd (EAF) represents the Australian support base of The School of St Jude. Established by Gemma Sisia in 1999, EAF was founded so that The School of St Jude would have a solid legal foundation in Australia to support the work in Tanzania. EAF is registered in New South Wales and was granted full tax deductibility by the Australian Government effective July 1st, 2014.
For The School of St Jude to be a fully developed and sustainable school community, working to alleviate poverty through education and therefore breaking the cycle of dependency on external aid.
To embrace and support The School of St Jude in its mission, working in partnership to ensure its long-term sustainability through guidance, monitoring and capacity building.
EAF keeps costs to a minimum such that more than 98 cents in every dollar collected from supporters goes direct to the school. Through EAF, Australian based supporters provide over ninety per cent of all funds donated to support the school.
- Providing funds for projects of the School of St Jude (SOSJ) Tanzania conditional upon such funds being expended in accordance with projects as mutually agreed.
- Managing and maximising funds from donors globally in a responsible and effective manner.
- Fundraising activities, including events, in Australia, whilst recognising and leveraging off the significant profile and role of the Founder of the school in this area.
- Monitoring and managing funds responsibly, ensuring statutory requirements meet Australian standards.
- Marketing and communications activities in Australia, including raising the profile of the school across Australia, and positioning the school with targeted groups and individuals.
- Assisting SOSJ to identify, design, appraise, implement and evaluate potential new projects of the school, using appropriate documentation and sign-off protocols to support such projects.
- Assisting SOSJ in working towards the independence and sustainability of the school.
- Communicating with SOSJ regularly new initiatives and opportunities.
- In 2016, EAF established a Future Fund to underwrite the long term future of the school.
Notice of AGM
Board of directors
I love my school because I get to come to school for free, I get delicious meal for lunch every day and above all I get to learn and speak English which is so cool.
Prisca, St Jude’s student