Donor and Sponsor Relations Manager
Laurian S Mrema
Community and Social Impact Manager
Primary Head Teacher (Acting)
Girls Secondary Headmaster (0 Level)
Secondary Headmaster (0 Level & A Level)
Parent Involvement at St Jude’s
The School of St Jude is a success story not only because of its governance and hardworking staff but also its extended community of parents and guardians. The school strongly encourages parent involvement and is fortunate to have one parent representative on each of the school committees and boards. There are also six dedicated Parent Leaders who oversee a larger committee of approximately 50 volunteer Parent Representatives. These representatives are voted in by the school community to act as spokespeople for all parents and guardians of St Jude’s students.
Parent Representatives Duties:
– Visit St Jude’s families in their area of representation at least twice per year.
– Act as a link between parents/guardians and the school.
– Inform school leaders of any student related issues occurring in school or at home and mediate when necessary.
– Assist student selection by visiting the home of prospective St Jude’s students.
– Help to find foster homes for students in need.
– Ensure parent/guardians abide by the parent expectations, which are signed by all parents on a yearly basis.
– Ensure parents/guardians are rostered to be at the school bus stops for pick up and drop off.
– Organise parents/guardians to volunteer their time at the school.