The School of St Jude (Australia)
A link in the chain connecting your support to St Jude's
Originally registered as the East African Fund (EAF) by Gemma Sisia and her father, Basil Rice, in 1999, our Australian fundraising partner is now known as The School of St Jude Ltd and is responsible for all funds raised in Australia. All donations made to our Australian partner are made available to The School of St Jude in Tanzania. The charity was founded so that The School of St Jude would have a solid legal foundation in Australia to support the work in Tanzania. The School of St Jude (Australia) is registered in New South Wales, Australia, and was granted full tax deductibility by the Australian Government effective July 1, 2014.
For The School of St Jude to be a fully developed and sustainable school community, working to alleviate poverty through education and therefore breaking the cycle of dependency on external aid.
To embrace and support The School of St Jude in its mission, working in partnership to ensure its long-term sustainability through guidance, monitoring and capacity building.
The School of St Jude (Australia) keeps costs to a minimum such that more than 97 cents in every dollar collected from supporters goes direct to the school. Through The School of St Jude (Australia), Australian based supporters provide over ninety per cent of all funds donated to support the school.
- Providing funds for projects of The School of St Jude in Tanzania conditional upon such funds being expended in accordance with projects as mutually agreed.
- Managing and maximising funds from donors globally in a responsible and effective manner.
- Fundraising activities, including events, in Australia, whilst recognising and leveraging off the significant profile and role of the Founder of the school in this area.
- Monitoring and managing funds responsibly, ensuring statutory requirements meet Australian standards.
- Marketing and communications activities in Australia, including raising the profile of the school across Australia, and positioning the school with targeted groups and individuals.
- Assisting The School of St Jude to identify, design, appraise, implement and evaluate potential new projects of the school, using appropriate documentation and sign-off protocols to support such projects.
- Assisting The School of St Jude in working towards independence and sustainability of the school.
- Communicating with The School of St Jude regularly to provide new initiatives and opportunities.
Notice of AGM
The Annual General Meeting of the The School of St Jude (Australia) was held on Tuesday the 24th day of November 2020.
Board of directors
I love my school because I get to come to school for free, I get delicious meal for lunch every day and above all I get to learn and speak English which is so cool.
Prisca, St Jude’s student