Sadly, the effects of COVID-19 and halt of international travel means we have lost many sponsors and visitors. Nearly 40% of our students are not fully sponsored. Your donation, no matter its size, will have a direct impact on the education and well-being of our unsponsored students. You will help fill the gap and cover costs in areas we need it most.
We have lost thousands of annual visitors to the school, many of whom would decide to sponsor after being inspired by some of our youngest students’ stories. As a result 71% of our Standard 1 and 2 students are not fully sponsored. A generous donation to our primary needs can help cover some of their educational costs by providing hot lunches, school books and fuel for transport. Watch Joylina’s Story of Hope to see the impact of your donation.AU$100
This year, we welcome our largest intake of secondary students in Form 1 and Form 5 and, the numbers are only going to grow. By supporting our secondary needs, you can help to cover their teachers’ salaries, IT equipment and boarding expenses. Watch Seuri’s Story of Determination to see the power of your donation.AU$500
Beyond St Jude’s Needs
We have 292 St Jude’s graduates currently studying higher education courses through our Beyond St Jude’s Program. 41% of those graduates are not fully sponsored. By donating to our Beyond St Jude’s needs, you will help fill the gap in their educational costs and help to cover accommodation, learning resources and higher education expenses. Watch Judica’s Story of Transformation.AU$1000
Want to make a bigger impact?
You can support the sustainability and longevity of St Jude’s by donating towards our major projects and funds. A larger donation could cover the cost of our solar water heaters for students boarding houses or provide enough science and sporting equipment for a year, there’s always an area that needs your support.
You can even help us fill the gap in the ever-growing sponsorship gap by sponsoring a large number of primary, secondary or tertiary scholarships. If you are looking to make a major impact with a donation of more than AU$5,000, email our Founder, Gemma Sisia, directly to see how we can best use your generous donation.
Beyond St Jude’s Sole Sponsorship
To make sure parcels arrive and incur no expenses for the school
- Please do NOT register or insure any mail as it costs the school at least USD $25 in taxes at our end.
- Mark all parcels as being “second-hand goods” or “personal gifts”.
- Ensure the description of goods written on the parcel matches the actual items inside as customs and postal staff frequently inspect contents of parcels.
- Please label all parcels clearly with the first and last name of the recipient and your full name.
- Please put the value of the package at no more than US$10 (the lower the better).
- Ensure that your parcel is LESS THAN 2KG. We have been advised that parcels less than 2KG are technically tax-free regardless of content, but this is not guaranteed by all postal workers.
Tax-free items include books, personal goods and anything that is not new. Used goods, used clothes, etc…(please remove labels and packaging from all items before sending them)
Keep in mind that parcels sent by airmail can take up to four months to get here (sea mail is even longer – often 12+ months!), so don’t worry if it takes a while for us to let you know the parcel has arrived.