Archivist and Records Officer
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about data and making stories out of numbers? If it sounds like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You have fantastic attention to detail and are passionate about organizing and preserving documents.
- You are a dynamic and strategic thinker, with the ability to work independently and provide support and advice to other staff.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and be an all-round admin genius who is capable of juggling a variety of tasks.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming of best ways to implement archiving strategies, cataloguing records and preserving historical documents.
What you'll do
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Mentor and direct activities of workers who will assist in arranging, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining collections of valuable materials.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to digital formats as necessary.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in archiving and records management essential.
- Outstanding administration skills, including excellent data entry experience.
- High-level organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- International applicant willing to move to Tanzania for a period of 6 months (maximum).
- Confident, independent and highly skilled problem solver who can hit the ground running and delve deep into the St Jude’s archives.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks
- International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
- Subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/03/20
- Applications close on 18th September 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.