Communication and Editorial Specialist
Use your skills to help one of Africa’s most successful international education charities!
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about communicating with international donors and sponsors? Do you love writing and editing quality communications pieces? Can you build positive and impactful relationships with an international audience? Does it sound like we’re talking about you?
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a free, quality education, 100’s of graduates’ access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Highly skilled writer and communicator with exemplary written English skills
- Critical and creative thinker
- Collaborative and love working with a broad range of stakeholders, students, parents and community members
- High level of attention to detail and multitasking
- Working in a dynamic environment
What you’ll do
- Communicate with our top major international supporters about the progress of the school, it’s students and the wider community
- Work with all stakeholders of the school (students, Employees, families and communities) to find interesting new stories to tell our international supporters
- Help to develop fresh and creative communications strategies to keep our supporters engaged
- Develop and undertake proposal and grant writing
- Innovate communications pieces that entice increased donor giving
- One day you might be interacting with our visitors, putting a face to the name you have been communicating with
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree in Arts, Mass Communications, Marketing or any related field
- 3 to 4 years of experience in an NGO, donor relations, communications or related field
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Suite and experience in InDesign is favourable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR//ADMN/DRSR/01/21)
Applications close on 24th February 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.