Use your skills to help one of Africa’s most successful international education charities!
We are seeking a creative and energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at The School of St Jude.
To contribute to supporter retention and renewal by delivering high quality sponsor and donor stewardship, proactive relationship management and targeted written communications.
- Draft, review and update supporter communications to ensure content accuracy and quality.
- Develop new and innovative ways to engage supporters through communications tools.
Planning and Implementation
- Update and implement supporter communications timelines and monitor workflow for team members to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Manage Outlook inbox to ensure supporter queries are responded to and actioned in a timely, accurate and courteous manner in line with the house style. Ensure all inbox communications are recorded correctly in supporter database and filed into appropriate outlook folders.
- Coordinate the production of communications collateral with graphic design.
- Coordinate the distribution of communication collateral in collaboration with team members.
- Maintain accurate records, create templates and produce reports in supporter database.
- Identify solutions to supporter issues in consultation with Head of Department.
- Track, monitor and record progress of supporter communications against KPIs for monthly management reports.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department and Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Competence
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or any relevant course.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written English, oral communication and interpersonal skills (IELTS Level 8 or equivalent).
- Ability to develop engaging supporter communications.
- Photography and videography experience desirable.
- Design editing skills (InDesign and Publisher) viewed favourably.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Organisational skills, good time management and ability to work independently.
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude's staff member
- Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
- Energetic, consistent and dedicated personality.
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
What we can offer you
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
- Mid-morning tea & lunch (during working days)
- Opportunities for career development.
- Welcoming community of international and local employees.
- Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave