Creative Copywriter and Editor
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you an excellent storyteller? Can you create attention-grabbing copy? Do you enjoy writing informative and appealing content? Would you call yourself a master editor? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- An excellent writer who can turn words into persuasive and informative stories.
- You have extreme attention to detail and can pick out the smallest edits.
- You love telling people’s stories and can grab the attention of a reader within the first few sentences.
- Someone who has experience writing and editing with strict brand guidelines.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about punctuation, grammar and synonyms!
What you'll do
- Detailed proofreading of multiple communications pieces for the Marketing department.
- Write and edit copy for campaigns, websites, digital content, printed materials and social media.
- Uphold the quality of all written deliverables and ensure they meet the school’s standards for creative excellence.
- Play an ongoing role in the development of the school’s brand voice and advocate for consistent application of copy standards across all communications materials.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor Degree or related experience with an emphasis on English, journalism or creative writing.
- At least 3 years working as a copywriter in agency or in-house creative environments.
- Portfolio containing finished professional pieces as well as conceptual work (required).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and utilise feedback.
- Ability to write long-form copy as well as short, persuasive pieces.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- A person who is open-minded and collaborative.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
- Subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/06/20
- Applications close at Friday 16 October 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.