Digital Marketing Officer
Use your skills to help one of Africa’s most successful international education charities!
The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint an Officer- Digital Marketing to positively impact the marketing and fundraising efforts of the school through the use of digital and online marketing. The ideal candidate will have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs.
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Contribute to the development of a staged digital marketing strategy to strategically inform your work and the digital marketing activities of the future. With a key focus on driving online traffic to the St Jude’s digital platforms including St Jude’s website, blog, social media channels and utilising search engine optimisation.
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving the St Jude’s website functionality and usability and keeping all content updated.
- Write and upload content for online platforms including website, blog and social media channels and adapt content according to audience and platform.
- Work with the graphic designer to revise existing and/or create new email templates and web assets as required.
- Review, proof read and disseminate accurate and relevant information on St Jude’s digital and online platforms.
- Proof check and update digital and online communication tools distributed by the Marketing team and other teams within the organisation.
- Implement conversion funnels on key pages of the school’s website.
- Monitor and report on website visitation, social media engagement and conversion results.
- Advise on an implement search engine optimisation strategies.
- Work with photographer/videographer to create multimedia content when necessary.
- Strive to continually improve the usability, design, content and conversion of digital communication tools.
Monitoring and Review
- Provide analysis on digital marketing KPIs.
- Contribute to monthly marketing reports.
- Attend marketing team meetings and one-to-one meetings with manager.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by manager.
Skills and Required Experience
- Two to three years’ experience in a digital role, ideally in the not-for-profit sector.
- Relevant qualifications to demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing landscape, tools and function in an organisation.
- HTML and web editing skills and a familiarity with using web-based content management systems, databases and publishing to social media platforms.
- Hands-on experience in creative writing and communications and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and fundraising.
- Experience of updating websites in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate outputs and outcomes and report accordingly.
- Strong desire to learn, try new things, and problem solve.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, but also as part of a team.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability and enthusiasm to be a creative and imaginative contributor to the marketing team.
- Fluent written and spoken English (IELTS Level 8 or equivalent).
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude's staff member
- Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Energetic, consistent and dedicated personality.
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
What we can offer you
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
- Mid-morning tea & lunch (during working days)
- Opportunities for career development.
- Welcoming community of international and local employees.
- Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave