We in the Alumni team are enthusiastic about the New Year, just like everyone else is. For 2023, we have a lot planned, and we can't wait to get going.
We strongly believe that our alumni can help St Jude’s students in several ways; serving simply as role models or mentors, inspiring current students to get a university education, venturing into entrepreneurship, helping them with that process, and then providing them with a network of professionals. Plus, we are confident that our alumni have expertise and resources that can be helpful to the school.
As the Alumni team, we have created opportunities for you to connect with fellow alumni, as well as tools to help you focus their efforts. We are confident that these resources will also help with untangling specific problems such as unemployment.
Having said that, here are just a few of the things we have lined for 2023!
- Cementing our network through St Jude’s Connect, our new online portal for alumni
- More workshops to enhance employability and entrepreneurship
- Saturday 30th September 2023: Our seventh Alumni Reunion and the second BSJ Recognition Ceremony. Add this to your calendar!
- International scholarships! Lots of opportunities for full-ride scholarships for degree, master, and Ph.D. programs. Make sure you are following us on LinkedIn , join St Jude’s Connect and ensure you are part of our Alumni WhatsApp for more information.
- Our socials: We will share news, updates, and announcements via our communication channels. Follow us on LinkedIn, check St Jude’s Connect, and WhatsApp, and reach out if you don’t receive our quarterly E - News.
- Employment initiatives: Whether you have just graduated, are about to graduate or have been looking for a job or an internship, we have initiatives lined up to support you through the process and increase the odds of you securing these opportunities. Please be proactive and reach out to our Alumni team!
- School events: Whether you would like to participate in or help plan some of your favorite school events, we have an opportunity for you to get involved and enhance alumni spirit. You could assist with Career Days, Cultural Days, Reunion, St Jude’s Day, Scholarship Application Days, and many more.
- Visit our office! Come and see our new office set up, meet the staff and make yourself a cup of coffee or tea. Let’s chat about your plans and aspirations.
We are open to suggestions on how we can make 2023 even more memorable.
Please write to us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and your loved ones!